Jonathan Mann has published a song a day for 13 years. On Unchained, he talks about his writing process, how he came up with the idea of publishing his songs as NFTs, his plans for a DAO he created called SongADAO, and more. Show topics:
- the significance and process of making a song a day for 13 years straight
- how Jonathan monetized his content in the early days (2009) of the internet
- what crypto event sent Jonathan down the rabbit hole and how Vitalik Buterin was involved
- why CryptoPunks piqued Jonathan’s interest in monetizing his content on-chain
- how being in the crypto world has changed Jonathan’s creative process
- where his song data is being uploaded in the context of web2 and web3
- how SongADAO will work and how it could change the paradigm of the music industry
- the characteristics of his 12/31/2021 NFT drop, which will see over 3,000 songs minted
- Jonathan plays “Mongoose Coin” for the Unchained audience, a song he made about Senator Brad Sherman’s comments about cryptocurrency in a recent hearing.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Song A Day:
Tweet Thread on Song A Day + SongADAO (must read if you are interested in Jonathan’s work)
Jonathan at Devcon